Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

Meet Dahshanae, Singer, Songwriter, and Producer

Dahshanae Denise Jones, known as Dahshanae,is a singer, songwriter, producer, actress, and dancer from Chicago. Check out her latest song, "Sashay," on SoundCloud.

Dahshanae is currently managing her little brother's career as a upcoming rapper. He has a project coming out in June called G.A.S. Her oldest brother is also a rapper named Tazzie H, and he and Chewy Bandzz just came out with a song called "Rock," which is also on SoundCloud right now and doing amazing. Dahshanae was the director and shot the video for this song.

You can keep up with Dahshnae on Twitter as well as Instagram. Her website is at www.Dahshanae.com.

1. How did your career as a singer/songwriter get started, and would you tell us a little bit more about your family members being involved in music as well?

I've always had a passion for music since I was little. My entire family is like a boombox. When I was about 9 or 10 years old, I started a singing group with my two cousins and we called ourselves The Talented Angels. We were like the young Destiny's Child, and I was Beyonce lol. We used to perform for family functions, and then we evolved to talent shows and competitions. I would always choreograph our dances and write our songs, if we weren't performing someone else's. It was nothing but great times.

As of now, I am a solo artist, of course and that venture is always exciting working on my projects and working with my brothers, Tazzie H and Kaza Block, who are both amazing upcoming artists.

2. What was your process like in producing your latest project, the "98:An Imperfect Masterpiece" EP?

Now that was an amazing experience I will never forget! I always knew that when I put out my first big project, I wanted to produce it myself, and that's exactly what I did. Every aspect of that project came from a soft spot in my heart for 90's music, and I love how everything came together. My whole thing was, this era of music is nothing compared to the 90's era, and one of my favorite things about music from that time was the pureness and how it made you feel. It made you feel things you didn't know you could, and I just wish we could bring back that aspect of music we so desperately need in this generation.

3. How have people been responding so far to your new single, "Sashay"?

I've been getting a lot of feedback and positive vibes so far! I hope that more people listen to it and love it as much as I do.

4. Who do you look to in the industry--are there people you see as reference points for your own work?

I look up to strong woman in the industry who continues to make the impossible possible. I love to listen to artist like Beyonce, of course, but I love Janet Jackson, Erukah Badu, Jill Scott, Amy Winehouse, Kehlani, and the list goes on. I also look up women outside of music like Taraji P. Henson, Angela Bassett, Loretta Devine, Monique, Viola Davis, and the list goes on again. I like to take from those amazing women when it comes to patience, creativity, and confidence.

5. What are you working on now, and what projects are coming up for you over the next year?

I'm literally the multitasking queen right now lol. I'm of course working on my music. I'm working on a few special projects that will be released this year. I also recently came out with my official merchandise, which is on my website right now. I'm working on some modeling and acting projects, and I'm in the process of writing books and so much much.

I am also working with my two brothers. Tazzie H and Chewy Bandzz just came out with a hot song called "Rock" on SoundCloud. I shot the video for the track and their working on a dope project for July. My younger brother, Kaza Block, is also releasing a dope project for June called "G.A.S". Right know, we're all just non-stop working and can't wait for everyone to see what we're made of.

Thanks, Dahshanae!

No comments:

Post a Comment