Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Meet Matthew David Parker, Photographer

Matthew David Parker is a photographer based out of New York City with over 18 years of experience. He primarily works in NYC and the but is available for opportunities worldwide.

1. At which stage of your life that you discover yourself with an obsession for architectural photography?

The Big Apple has always been a profoundly inspirational, profoundly influential place for me and my artwork because it (New York City) for me, is literally the most perfect representation of hope, opportunities, health, success and abundance. I have always seen the city of New York as the central hub for all things in life that are important in life, sort of as the pulse of everything new and cool. New York has always inspired this ambition in me to inspire others of the majesty of the heart of the city. More and more in my life, I have found New York's rich architectural backdrop as the one place on earth that I could happily explore with a smile on my face for the rest of my life.

2. When have you been most satisfied in your life?

I believe that I am at my happiest now, although you can argue that the first moment I discovered happiness was when I discovered photography, when I was 13. Oftentimes, I think, "how can a man possibly be luckier than myself?" I am a world-class artist and photographer who is making a name for himself, not just in the world of New York photography, but in art circles worldwide. Art critics around the world have labeled me a visionary, as opposed to just another uninspired, bargain basement wedding photographer. The fact that I've been able to make quite a good living doing what I love is just icing on the cake. Yes, the present time is definitely the best time my life has ever been and I wouldn't trade places with any other artist in the world.

3. Who are your influences as an artist?

Lucien Hervé, the Hungarian photographer popular for his very futuristic, very avant garde style. Some people see him as the Salvador Dali of photography and I'm one of those people who agree. I'm also a great lover of Berenice Abbott, a popular photographer known best for her breathtaking photos of cultural icons of the 60s and 70s.

4. Whose design language did you fall deepest in love with? How come?

Lucien Hervé and his avant approach to accentuating shapes and patterns in his black-and-white photos has always inspired me as an artist to create minimalist works of art. I often times find myself using Lucien's greatest works as a measuring stick for my success as a photographer and I see that is the greatest thing I've ever done.

Thanks, Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment